RV Outlet Mall Blog
- 0 0Published on Mar 31, 2016
Top Weekend Getaways in Texas
The stress of the work week weighing down on you? Are the household chores getting away from you? Are you ready for the weekend to be here already?! The struggles of life we all face at some point or another can really do a number on us and dampen our moods. But, there's nothing better to relive some of the stress, for a little while at least, than a weekend getaway. Whether your ideal weekend getaway is spending time outdoors, spending time checking out historical places, or taking some time for a little R and R, the idea is to forget about the stressors of every day life and enjoy yourself for the weekend. Here's a list of top weekend getaway ideas in Texas.
1. Spend time on the Gulf Coast- Galveston style. Galveston is a great little stretch of land that sits on the Gulf of Mexico, perfect for a weekend getaway escape. Here you can relax by the beach, take part in various water sport activities or even head to the main land for a little shopping. I know spending money always makes me feel better after a long work week :) Whatever your style of relaxation, Galveston has it all. It is also home to South Padre Island, a quaint little island made famous by the spring breakers that take over every March. Lucky for you, the majority of spring breaks are over now so the island should be much quieter and a more serene place to relax.
2. Texas Hill Country- The rolling hills and natural springs that wind throughout hill country pay homage to the beauty that Texas has to offer despite all the dry desert land that inhabits a good portion of the state. Hill country is known for its quaint little towns and its thriving big city towns. For a fun weekend getaway for everyone, head to New Braunfels for a little tubing on the Guadalupe River. Or you can head over to the Schlitterbahn water park and take a ride on the tallest and fastest waterslide in the state. It's fun for the whole family!
3. Bed and Breakfasts- these are a great way to sit back and relax and let someone else do the work for you, perfect for a weekend getaway. The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast in Salado is a quaint little B&B in the country side. Their services is exceptional and take care of everythig for you. A hot breakfast is served every morning, along with daily snacks in between meal times. They also have private cottages available if you so choose to stay somewhere a little more private. The Yellow House is also situated close to shops, golfing and restaurants. Stop on out for a little piece of heaven for your weekend getaway.
4. Texas Wine Tours- wine tours are a great way to relax and unwind after a long, hard week. The tours will take you around to different wineries in the area and give you the opportunity to shop, wine and dine along the way. The Hye Wine Tours are a great tour company that takes you around to about 8 different wineries incuding their very own Hye Meadow Winery. Group tours are available fo 8 people or more but sometimes that's the fun of a group tour. You get to meet new people, taste some delicious vaieties of wines, all while letting someone else do the driving! So you can sit back and relax on these weekend getaways.
No matter what your cup of tea is for your ideal weekend getaway, just remember to take one! We all get caught up in the hustle and bustle that we forget to take care of ourselves every once in a while.